Do you know how many different digital devices you use in a day? Personally, my cell phone acts as my alarm clock as well as a phone. I listen to my iPod on the bus ride during my commute, work on my fancy desktop computer during business hours, then work on my (cheaper, less fancy) personal computer when I get home. That’s four different devices I use every day and I don’t even consider myself a very tech-savvy person!
Not only is the use of digital devices on the rise, but so are the ways in which you can save your data on these different devices. Online storage solutions have been designed specifically to allow you to save information online so that you may remotely access it from another device. However, there are a few issues to consider before using cloud storage:
- Cloud storage can get expensive
- Data must be saved online to access it
- Recent security breaches in online storage services
So, what if you could use your smartphone remote access to avoid all of these issues?
Well, by accessing your external hard drive with TappIn you can utilize your own storage solutions and avoid these issues:
- TappIn gives any web browser, tablet or smartphone unlimited access to your digital content, no matter where it is stored. And because with TappIn you are only paying for access, not storage, you don’t have to keep paying for it the more you use it.
- With TappIn, you don’t have to save or sync your files in one place to access them, because TappIn lets you access your files from your computer, network attached system (NAS), hard drive, online storage service, etc.
- TappIn not only keeps your digital content in the storage solutions you feel are most secure, but it also uses SSL encryption between you and your data so that you can rest assured that your content is being accessed securely.
So how can you remotely access your external hard drive from your smartphone with TappIn?
- On your smartphone, open your TappIn mobile app and select your home computer:
- You will then be taken to a page where you can select any files saved on your home computer. Select the folder of your external hard drive (or NAS)
- TappIn will display a list of all your files saved in that location. Simply select the file you would like to access from the list and that’s it! Four taps and you’re done.
Four taps and you’re done. Smartphone remote access of your external hard drive doesn’t get any easier than that!
How to Access and Share All of Your Files from Anywhere at Anytime
Putting Businesses at Risk – The 3 Big IT Problems with Online Storage
Expand the Memory of your Mobile Device without Buying More Storage