HomePipe Becomes TappIn; Launches New Business-Friendly
Features for Professional Users
Digital Content Access and Sharing Service now Includes Six Additional Languages, salesforce.com Integration, CloudCaching and Enhanced SecureShare
SEATTLE - September 14, 2011 — TappIn™, the leading innovator in digital content access and file sharing, today announced the launch of several new features aimed at professional users, including Salesforce.com integration, cloud caching, enhanced secure sharing and multi-lingual support. These capabilities meet the increasing demand for a solution that streamlines the convergence of personal and professional lives to a mobile device.
“As an attorney, I often find that I need to finish up projects after hours or respond to clients while working remotely,” said TappIn user Danan Margason, an associate at Seattle law firm Reed, Longyear, Malnati & Ahrens, PLLC. “TappIn is the best program I've found for accessing work files from home or on the go – I can easily access my files and desktop with just one click. More importantly, TappIn takes security very seriously and never removes files from my computer, giving me confidence that my work is protected.”
Demand for on-the-go access to digital content – from corporate documents to personal music libraries – is on the rise. According to a new report from the Pew Internet and American Life Project, roughly 35% of American adults now own a smartphone, and 80% of those smartphone owners use their device to access and share digital content, including photos and videos. As smartphone users increasingly bring their own devices into the workplace network – a trend driven by the popularity of iPhone and Android devices – IT must deal with the significant content security challenges posed by a multi-platform, employee-liable mobile environment. TappIn’s SecureShare eliminates IT headaches by enabling employees to access any size work files they need through a secure, encrypted cloud pathway, on almost any device they choose to bring into the corporate network. New features, like CloudCaching and Salesforce.com integration, ensure that mobile workers can access and share their most important files any time, and keeps them as productive as possible while on the go.
“Since launching HomePipe in early 2010, we’ve received a number of inquiries from customers who want to leverage our solution into their business environments” said Chris Hopen, president and CEO of TappIn. “We’re not just for the home anymore. This is what triggered us to rename the company to TappIn, and add a new set of business-ready capabilities. People want to ‘tap in’ to their digital content, be it work or personal, anywhere, anytime, on the device of their choice but they don’t want to risk the security of any proprietary information. TappIn securely connects people to their content and content to people.”
TappIn offers small business professionals a secure, affordable, user-friendly solution that can be implemented across both company- and employee-liable mobile devices. Rather than storing content in the cloud, TappIn streams content through a secure cloud pathway, allowing users to leverage their existing storage solutions, while saving time, hassle, and expense. Moreover, because files are never uploaded, copied or stored within the cloud, they remain secure on the user’s remote storage device.
• CloudCaching*: TappIn provides remote access to documents even when the target storage device is turned off or in sleep mode. A transitional cloud storage repository allows users to “pin” content to TappIn’s secure cloud, and set conditions under which that content will stay in, or be automatically removed from, the cache. Users can designate an expiration date for the content, or have it automatically removed from the cloud after it is viewed by specific parties, providing total control over who sees the content, when they see it and for what period of time. This ensures that content is available when needed while maintaining a more secure environment..
• Salesforce.com Integration*: Designed for mobile workers, Salesforce.com integration enables road warriors to access information stored in Salesforce as well as content stored on a home or office computer. With Salesforce Integration, professionals can instantly and securely share important files stored within Salesforce using just the tap of a finger.
Available New Features:
• SecureShare: With SecureShare, TappIn eliminates the need for large file transfer capabilities and instead enables businesses and professionals to simply and safely stream files of any size through a secure, encrypted cloud pathway, providing a simple, cost-effective solution.
• Multi-Lingual Support: According to The International Telecommunication Union, there were roughly 5.3 billion mobile subscriptions by the end of 2010 worldwide, a number that represents 77 percent of the world’s population. As mobility goes global, even small businesses find themselves increasingly engaged in transactions overseas. TappIn now meets the global demand for anywhere, anytime access. Available in six languages including French, Italian, German, Spanish, Standard Chinese and Simplified Chinese – TappIn is working to keep people connected to their content, no matter where they are or in what language they speak.
• TappIn Partner Program: TappIn’s white-label solution enables channel partners, including storage providers, to provide customers with secure, streaming, anywhere/anytime access to, and sharing of, rich media content. The platform helps partners drive higher customer retention and increases margins with relatively little up-front costs. The industry’s first white-label cloud product, TappIn’s secure access and sharing capabilities can be easily integrated through TappIn’s comprehensive APIs.
TappIn is now available in new Lite and Standard Editions. Responding to customer demand for a free unlimited access solution, TappIn‘s Lite Edition now delivers unlimited access to one computer from any mobile device. For professional and consumer users, TappIn’s Standard Edition offers advanced features like Salesforce integration, cloud-based caching, multi-lingual support, unlimited large file transfers and the ability to link multiple computers and devices at the same time for just $19.99 per year. Users who sign up for the Standard Edition within 60 days will get a year of the Standard service for just $9.99.
TappIn is available on all Apple, Android, and Windows Phone 7 devices, and is compatible with Mac OS, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Upcoming capabilities (denoted with asterisks) will be available beginning November 2011.
About TappIn, Inc.
TappIn, Inc., formerly HomePipe Networks, is the leading innovator and award-winning provider of digital content access and sharing for mobile users. We connect people to content and content to people. The TappIn cloud service makes available documents and rich media to mobile devices (including Apple iPhone® and iPad®, Google® AndroidTM and Windows® Phone 7) or web-browsers regardless of where files are stored – without having to upload and sync files or pay for additional online storage. The TappIn Partner Program provides a white label solution for channel partners and a set of APIs for enterprise customers and developers to seamlessly integrate the TappIn service with other business applications. TappIn is the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, including: the Golden Bridge Award for Best Mobile/Wireless Innovation, OnMobile One to Watch, 2011 Red Herring North America 100 finalist, Network Products Guide 2011 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards finalist and a Global Top Mobile 500 App by The Sunday Times. For more information or to try the free Lite Edition, visit http://www.tappin.com. Follow TappIn on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/TappIn and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Tapp_In.
Copyright 2011, TappIn, Inc. All rights reserved. TappIn and the TappIn logo are trademarks of TappIn, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Barokas Public Relations